Saturday, July 2, 2011

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

My fav cook Ms Paula Deen showed me this one on TV. Now I am a big fan of Red Velvet cake myself but to make something called Whoppie pies can sound a little scary. Being that it is coming up on the 4th I figured why not do a simple treat that is red and white also.

All you basically do is take the batter from the red velvet mix and spoon them on a cookie sheet. Before you spoon the mix you need to spray the cookie sheet with a non stick spray. You do that so that the end result sorta look like the little debbie oatmeal pies. Anywho, you will need to spoon enough batter so that you have an even number for example if you want 6 whoopie pies you need to put down 12 spoonfuls. For the cream I think I may put some sort of vanilla pudding in the mix to give it that vanilla taste.

Now the big day for this is tomorrow when the family meets for dinner and I bring the dessert. I am so excited to be trying this being that I love red velvet cake. Well friends until next treat or should I say next weekend. May the flour be with you! XOXOXO

1 comment: